Thanks to Luke Haddon for diligently noting these down, as Jez was sick on himself and Stevie T explained how the average age of the club compared to 2 seasons ago has gone up by about 2 years.
• Refer to Treasurer’s (Gareth Stewart) spreadsheet for comprehensive details.
• £719 operating profit. Mainly funded by chasing up bad debts to the club from season 2011/12.
• £615 came into the club from 2012 Bobby Moore Foundation fundraiser. Less than expected due to poor attendance.
• £5 match fees will remain for second team, as will the £65 signing on fee. First team squad will continue paying £6 match fees. Players who have paid signing on fees will get preference on selection.
• Balance of club account is £2,630.
Continuation of the third team:
• After consideration by members of the 2012/13 committee, and input from those members of the club considered for membership on the 2013/14 committee, a vote was put to the club regarding the withdrawal of the third team from the Wimbledon and District Football League.
• Withdrawal was approved on the basis that it would help to ensure overall strength and reputation of the club.
• Issues with maintaining three playing squads each week contributed to the decision.
• Surrey Elite Intermediate League membership dependent on vote at SEIL AGM on coming Wednesday.
• Any decision made on pitches will be made by the committee and the rest of the club informed.
• Pre-season training will commence on the second Wednesday of July 2013 on Wandsworth Common.
• The Club will look at alternatives to the ‘Summer Ball Fundraiser’ that has previously been arranged, with the possibility of a family-friendly barbeque (to cater for the growing number of junior AFC Cubans) taking place at the end of the season.
Committee member election:
• Club chairman – Ben McGeown
• First team manager – Ian Clarke
• First team captain – To be decided by First team manager
• First team secretary – To be undertaken by members of the first team squad
• Second team manager – Tom Hooper
• Second team captain – To be decided by Second team manager
• Second team secretary – Luke Haddon
• Treasurer – Gareth Stewart
• Media and communications officer – Tom Hooper
• Club social secretaries – None decided. Members appointed on ad hoc basis.
• First team player of the year – Ben McGeown
• First team golden boot – Mike Cain
• Second team player – Stevie Taylor
• Second team golden boot – Pete Smith
• Third team player of the year – Luke Haddon
• Third team golden boot – Paul May
• Honourable mention for Luke Haddon winning Secretary of the Year across four divisions of the Wimbledon & District Football League.